- Accenture's processes would be both divergent and complex depending on the situation, client and type of work being done. An example of a complex process would be an implementation of certain functionality within an ERP module. Say the ability to record credit card transactions was being added to SAP. There would be an intricate process to follow, but one that has clearly guided steps and likely has been done before with another client. An example of a divergent process would be setting up a call center for a client. The project manager would have to exercise judgement in critical areas such as location, cost, team structures, roles and responsibilities, etc. In this instance there may not be a guided process that could be followed and easily implemented. There would be countless decisions that required judgement and discretion.
- If I had a choice of substituting one of these processes over another I would substitute a complex process for a divergent one. I would do this to execute the process more efficiently and with goals in place to measure results. Further, completing and documenting the process once could allow me to leverage it for another client or customer at a later time. I believe this works best when executing fairly simple processes. For example, let say you provide a service that sends e-mail notifications for actions to customers. I would want a documented process that could be easily followed and executed by anyone that has access to the proper resources. I would not want a process where too many options are left to the discretion of the employee executing the task.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Question 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Golly, these are very inciteful comments!
ReplyDelete