Friday, January 15, 2010

Question 1: What organization will you be focusing on this semester? Why did you select this organization?

I chose to focus on Accenture this semester. I chose them because I worked with Accenture for nearly four years and they are entirely a service-based company. Further, they have to deal with supply chain issues to their heavy involvement running global delivery centers for clients all over the world. I think they will be an excellent company to highlight the challenges companies face in a service-based environment.

What elements or your organization's service motivate customers to select your company over alternatives (service winners)?
  • Clients chose Accenture for their ability to deliver a wide array of services with the best possible people. In any service based industry, ultimately the quality of the service delivered rests on the people delivering the service. Accenture is able to offer a wide variety of services from outsourcing to system implementations to process re-engineering consulting.
What elements allow your company to enter the market when present or disqualify them when not present (service qualifiers)?
  • I believe Accenture is qualified to enter the market based on it's ability to deliver the promised service on-time and within budget. From personal experience, clients were happy to work with Accenture based on our ability to provide the required service, but also to provide insight into processes and make recommendations beyond the scope of our work.
What elements, when not present, anger the customer and thus cause them to be lost forever (service losing sensitive characteristics)?
  • Based on experience with Accenture two critical pieces must be in place when providing a service. Professionalism and competence. If either of these are missing it can cause severe damage up to / including losing the contract and irreparably damaging relations with the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment